STUDIO LIGHTING WORKSHOP
The Seminar will explore the "CONCEPT" of lighting. Our goal is to teach you the ability to "SEE" light. We will look at the many different approaches to lighting and how they all evolve from a sound understanding of what light is. We will look at the many different lighting and light shaping devices and will explain the features that make each one useful. You will leave with the knowledge of how to achieve a desired lighting effect under varying situations not just a diagram of a "one size fits all" lighting set-up
- Exposure: Understanding the difference between illumination and "Lighting" a subject. Determining the correct exposure and the factors that affect exposure variations. How to achieve a desired lighting ratios.
- Color Temperature: A basic explanation of Color temperature and considerations to prevent color contamination.
- Type of light: Understanding the concept of the "Quality" of light and how to achieve a desired effect with the use of various light modifiers.
- Studio Equipment overview: Overview of various light modifiers the advantages and disadvantages of different modifiers.
- Lighting Setups: Will demonstrate how a 3 dimensional portrait can be achieved with just one light then build on the basic setup with the addition of lights
WORKSHOP TAUGHT BY DAVE FEILING
LightWriting.com | OMP
Dave is an advertising photographer specializing in environmental portraits. He has been supplying photography to advertising and corporate clients for over twenty years. A Southern California based photographer, his work encompasses editorial, lifestyle, advertising, annual report, corporate, industrial, executives portraiture, health care and enjoys working with children. His commercial and fine art photography showcases his mastery of light and the ability to work well with people. Dave’s schooling at Brooks Institute and graduate work at Syracuse University has provided him with a solid background in the Visual Arts, Commercial Art, Photography, and Arts & Humanities.
WHEN, WHERE, HOW MUCH
- Saturday, September 12, 2009, 11AM to 3PM
- Cost for this 4 hour workshop is $60 and is limited to the first 14 attendees.
HURRY AND RESERVE YOUR SPOT NOW!
- Smash Photo Studio, 2176 Pacific Ave., Long Beach, 90806 [click for Google Map]
- Beverages and snacks provided, air conditioned and comfortable photography studio environment
RESERVATION & PAYMENT INFORMATION
- Call 310-807-5752 -or –
- Email info [at] smashphotolb [dot] com
- Payment methods: Visa, MC, AMEX, CASH, or Paypal
- WORKSHOP IS RESERVATION ONLY, no walkins on day of workshop.
Tags: workshop, seminar, photography, lighting, studio, model, canon, nikon, sony, professional, amateur, learning, class, education, photoshop, light, daylight, long beach, los angeles, orange county, california, southern california, ca, dave feiling, study, learn, 1 day, half day, group, strobist, natural